Monday, January 10, 2011

Dec 2010 Newsletter Article

Greetings in the Name of our
Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Theresa and I are excited about the ministry that He has called us to at Cedar Springs Camp. Cedar Springs is a place that is near and dear to our hearts, as it is to yours, I’m sure.  We have been active in the ministry at CS since 1995.  In July of that year I went to a Promise Keepers event in Minneapolis with my new church family (Trinity Wesleyan, La Porte City, Iowa).  It was during that weekend that I surrendered my life to Christ.  The following week my pastor invited Theresa and I to come to Cedar Springs Camp for family camp.  While we could not spend the whole week, we came to the evening services to hear Tim Elmore preach and challenge us to serve Christ with our entire being.  I remember the tabernacle at that time had exterior walls, but they were not finished, and there was only sand and carpet where there is now a concrete floor. (Our two oldest children played in the sand while we listened.)   Since that time we have been active in work-weekends, retreats, camps and various boards at CS.

Also during that time God has guided our path as I worked my way through the FLAME classes to ordination in July of 2007.  I have served as youth leader at my home church in La Porte City, as an assistant to Rev. J. Richard Ernst at the Church of Promise, Buckingham, Iowa and most recently, I have been ministering to the people at New Hope Wesleyan in Sioux City Iowa as their pastor. 

We have four children.  Our oldest, Audrey is in her first year of college in Kentucky.  John, our oldest son is a sophomore in high school and as many of you know, has been fighting a battle with Lymphoma Cancer.  He has currently completed the standard protocol treatments and has begun his maintenance treatments.  Mitchell is in 7th grade and he’s our home boy, loving to play by himself with his legos.  Sarah is in 6th grade and just like Audrey, she is an active socialite.  She is involved in sports and loves to be with her friends.  Each one of our children is excited about being at the camp and looks forward to serving the Lord there.

I have much to tell you, but for now I want all of you to know that we value your support of Cedar Springs. We look forward to meeting each and every one of you and hearing your “camp stories.”

No comments:

Post a Comment