Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Family Reunion



Theresa and I are beginning the spring season by visiting churches to promote the camp.  We had the pleasure of being in La Porte City, at our home church this past Sunday.  It was like a great family reunion only better.  Usually at family reunions there are folks there that you don't know but they insist on giving you hugs and kisses and there are folks there that you would rather not see-but not so with our reunion in La Porte City.  It was great to see old friends that I hadn't seen in years.  Theresa and I spent many years at that church, growing in Christ, and we have many fond memories of our time there.  Reconnecting with everyone was great.  I was standing in the foyer talking with one person and I saw several others I had to talk to...one right after another!  It was like, well, Heaven. 
In chapter 19 of the book of Revelation John describes the vision he has of the "wedding feast of the Lamb."  All of those who have placed their trust in Christ will be reunited there together with the Savior.   What a fantastic reunion that will be!
We really enjoyed our time in La Porte.  I hope to visit there again soon.  Theresa really enjoyed singing with the worship team.  And they blessed us with many gifts!  We will be able to finance one of our priority work projects in the dining hall because of their generosity.  But as much as we enjoyed our time there, I wait for, with much more anticipation, that great reunion we will all have together in Heaven. 
I wonder: Are you going to be there?
(Romans 10:9-10)

No comments:

Post a Comment