Monday, May 2, 2011

Some are chosen and some are not

Wow!  The spring has sprung and we are going 90 miles an hour!  There is a lot happening here at Cedar Springs-we are getting ready for a busy season. 

I'm tied up right now working on summer staffing.  We have gone through a ton of applications and interviewed lots of people.  The thing that strikes me most about the process is the number of qualified people that would  be good to have on staff here.  I didn't expect so many interested people!  That is a good thing. My problem is that I only have about 17 positions to fill.  I am going to have to pick, for instance, between two people for our activities and grounds team, when I'd rather hire both.  Unfortunately I'm going to have to tell some of these folks I can't hire them.  I have to choose some, and leave some out-and I don't want to do that!

I'm glad Jesus doesn't have my dilemma.  I have to choose between good people who want to be a part of our team.  But Jesus accepts everyone who calls on His name.  He doesn't leave anyone out!
You know, in the job hunt you have to be very persistant and sell yourself or employers won't even look at you.  But not Jesus.  If you yield your life to Him, and call on His name, (Romans 10:9-10)He answers and accepts you as His own.  You don't have to go through a difficult application and interview  process and you don't have to "sweat it out,"  waiting for a call from the HR department.
I'm glad our Savior is so inclusive because I would never be good enough to pass an interview with Him.  I'd never meet up to the standard!

So if you are looking for a job I probably can't hire you, but if you are looking for a Savior, Jesus will accept you, without a doubt!

No comments:

Post a Comment